Thom Gunn has written powerfully of the 'occasion' of poetry. Science has its occasions no less than art: sometimes a dream-mataphor, like Kekule's snakes; sometimes an analogy, like Newton's apple; sometimes a literal event, the thing-in-itself, which suddenly explodes into unimagined significance, like Archimedes 'Eureka!' in his bath.Every such occasion is a eureka or epiphany.
Oliver Sacks (A leg to stand on)
The occasion of this personal page was my discovery about the amazing world of Internet and the importance of computers in the health care. A physician by profession, I think computers and the Internet are necessary tools for better patient care and will significantly enhance practice of medicine in the near future. Computer applications in medicine and specially neurology, neuroimaging and neurosurgery enhance our ability for advanced treatment as neural networks and computers have many similarities and resemblances.
people, men and women, are big dreamers. They imagine what their future
could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward
their distant vision, that goal or purpose.
Hamid R. Sami, MD, MSc
- A freeware application based on powerful Filemaker database that specifically designed for neurologists and is customized to run on PC or Mac.
- It can be run from any storage device such as USB drives for ultimate mobility and ease of access and recording.
- Customizable interface for your practice name, address, logo etc.
- Can be used with any speech recognition softwares for saving you dictation costs.
- Small size, only 5 megabyte, A very simplified software for non-savvy computer users.
- The version 2 has interfaces for EEG, EEG report, EMG, EMG report as well as normal values for EMG based on Preston EMG book.